Finding MizKitteh


Last Thursday night I joined Weight Watchers.

my starting weight was 126.4kg - 56.4kgs to get to my goal of 70kg. Every time I think of that number I feel very overwhelmed by the sheer enormity of the task.

That's always been a stumbling block for me - I see how big the task is and my motivation wanes very quickly. But this time I am not going to focus on the big number... little steps this time. 5kg at a time in fact!


I was watching The Biggest Loser on Friday night and they had Sharif as a part of Masterclass. One thing he said was how the old Sharif, the overweight one; wasn't the real Sharif. The Real Sharif was trapped inside that body. As he lost the weight he found The Real him.


It's exactly how I feel. All the things I'd love to do, I won't because I am overweight. I am trapped inside this body underneath all the fat. I can't dress how I'd like, I can't do activities I'd like to do, I can't even have a baby because of my weight.


All of that changes now. When I walked into that meeting I'd made the decision that I was going to start taking my life back. In reality though, it's more like I'm going to start living my life! There was no life to take back.... I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. There isn't a single time where I can recall feeling happy with my body, or feeling comfortable in my body. In the years where I should have been out and about doing all the fun stuff I was hiding instead.


I've been 'on a diet' since I was 9 years old. I've been crying about being fat since I was 7 years old. At 30 years of age (nearly 31!) it's time I stopped feeling sorry for myself and allowing food to control me.


It's time to seize the day! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Finding The Real Me ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspiração: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustração: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)